This week, I made some Vanilla cupcakes. This is the recipe I used: https://natashaskitchen.com/perfect-vanilla-cupcake-recipe/.

To begin, I mixed all the ingredients together. I immediately noticed that the batter was way too liquid. My sister told me it was because I didn’t let the butter naturally soften, but I put it in the microwave for a few seconds, made it warm, and ruined the mixture.

I poured this into the pan and was still disappointed with how watery this mixture was. The cupcake liners folded inwards and made curves which I couldn’t fix.

In the end, these tasted delicious and melted in my mouth. However, they didn’t rise that much due to the warm butter. They also were tiny and stuck to the wrappers.

Ultimately, I realized I should have prepared the ingredients better. The butter wasn’t softened, so I microwaved it, which is why these weren’t perfect. They were also a bit oily as well. I didn’t make frosting because I wanted to start off simple. Next time I will:

1. Pre-soften my butter to room temperature
  2. Pre-heat my oven while preparing the ingredients
  3. Keep it in the oven for a few more minutes

Overall, I would say this wasn’t a success because I made a simple mistake. I hope I’ll be able to make them better next time.