I finally contacted my professional! I was stressed for two months, emailing 9 restuarants, but no one answered. That’s when I suddenly remembered that my friend’s dad owns a restaurant. I don’t know how I didn’t remember, but last week, I asked them for some tips of cooking.

I was going to wait for him to reply, but then I went over to their house. Over there, I asked my friend’s dad about cooking. Since they are a BBQ restaurnts, I mostly asked him how he cooks his meat perfectly, and seasons it so well. These were the questions I asked:

1. How do you cook your meat so that it is perfectly cooked?
  2. What are some tips to get your food cripsy (chicken wings, fries)?
  3. What sauces do you use?

He gave me a bunch of tips that he thought helped him in the kitchen. This is what he said:

• You should usually start with a low heat to cook the inside first, then increase the heat to cook the outside. That is what makes it appealing. This works really well when you make fries.
  • You can sometimes cook your meat in an oven, or slow cook it. That is a good way to get tender meat.
  • Season and taste as you are cooking, and I usually don’t add salt until the very end.
  • If you are using a recipe, and there is a timer for how long you need to cook something, always check on it a few minutes before the time.
  • You should alter the recipe with what you prefer, like the spice level or amount of vegetables.

This is what he told me. It’s not as much as my last Genius Hour, however they will be very useful in the future. One of my experts would also be my mom, since every recipe I make is hers.

See you next week!